The Group of Eight (go8) markets itself as the group of ‘Australia’s Leading Universities’. They support this claim by referring to statistics relating to variables such as research outputs, industry links, graduate outcomes, and the standing of their academic staff. The group of 8 member universities are:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
Each of these member universities is well regarded in a number of different areas and together they form a powerful bloc. There have been discussions about some formal recognition of the status of this group in ways such as increased government support or from the group itself developing its own standards framework. Nothing has come of these discussions yet, although it is likely that something will emerge as the competition in the higher education sector becomes more intense.
Why is the GO8 a force to reckon with ?
Ever since time immemorial, this group of eight universities has been known to be the best education power houses in the Australian Continent. They have a series of aspects which makes them so, let’s have a look at a few of the factors which makes them what they are today :
- Influential : these universities have a huge say in the way the education system has been shaping up in Australia. As such, they have a very powerful hold on the overall education eco system and have been very instrumental in forming some very strong ploicies for the system. They have known to be also very infulential when it comes to opinions on the future of the education system and of course theit role around the same.
- Govt Funding : they have very high govt funding quotas and hence have the best of facilities and features. Due to the high involvement of the govt in this arena, their say is very high in the formation of new policies as well as when it comes to a radical change in the nature of how the education system works in Australia.
- Best Of Placements : these universities are in the top list of placements year after year, thanks to the fact that they have a super strong network of companies and also a rock solid reputation built over the years when it comes to educating and placing their students. They even have global reach and have been known to have a great placement record for overseas job assignments as well.
- Research Intensive : especially for students who want to take thier PhD and other higher studeies to the next level, these are some of the best universities to be part of. Their whitepapers and other associated collateral for specialised streams published regularly give you a very clear idea of the fact that they have some of the best research streams in the world.
- World Class Faculties : Their faculties and staff are considered to be one of the best in the world. Peoplw with very high level of qualifications and experience get a chance to be part of the elite work force here and obviously all the students associated with these universities get the maximum chances to gain from a learning and development perspective
- Incomparable Infrastructure : since these are directly funded by the govt and have a very high reputation for being one of the best in the world, their infrastructure and overall state of health is very high. These are supposed to be one of the best kept campuses in the world with all modern amenities and learning resources made available to the students in-house.
The GO8 has been a very popular and high yield set of universities which need to be experienced to be believed. We could do a lot for you to get you there and to help you realize what world class education is all about. For more information and details about how you could change your life too, kindly reach out to us on our co-ordinates below and we shall help you realize the true value of your global dream !
www.jskconsultants.com | email@example.com
[+91] 9823021832 | [+91] 9823011832